Saturday, April 13, 2013

Work

So ever since getting my ipad mini, I have fallen in LOVE with the Kindle App! I love the luxury of being able to travel with a few books without all the extra weight! It was probably the best 350 I've spent in a while.

Another reason I love this App has to do with the fact that I always have about 5 books or more on the go and this is a good way to keep them bookmarked, refer back to them or highlight them.

Anyhow, I am currently reading Tim Keller's Every Good Endeavour and here are a few things I have learned:

-Work should fit our gifts and capacities
-Choose work that benefits others
-We want to benefit our field of work itself
-We can either make a name through everything God has done for us or what we can do for ourselves

I really enjoy Tim Keller's writing.  I find it very insightful, convicting and thought provoking.  So far, I have been challenged on what work means to me and what it means to glorify God in work.  I don't have all the answers here, but I'm trusting God's spirit to lead me in the right direction.

So I'd love to know, what are you reading? Are you a business leader? What books have challenged you in your career?

No comments:

Post a Comment